Galabank Cottage is a converted 18th century cottage with a welcoming wood burning stove for chilly evenings and a rear garden for warm sunny evenings. Edinburgh is 25 miles north and Stow has easy access to the majority of the Border towns making it an ideal base from which to explore the Scottish Borders at any time of year.
The village of Stow is on a direct route to Edinburgh only 25 miles north and is an ideal base from which to tour the Scottish Borders with easy access to Melrose and other Border towns.With something for everyone the Borders offer a variety of interests including walking, cycling, mountain biking, golfing, fishing, horse riding, abbeys, castles, historic and stately homes.The nearby towns all have a wealth of restaurants, pubs and shops.Galabank Cottage is a converted 18th century cottage adjoining what was the old Drover’s Inn, now the owners home, located ? mile north of Stow. From the garden, a stile over a "drystone dyke" gives access to the hills behind and the Galawater Valley where numerous walks can be taken. The cosy wood burning stove is a welcoming place to cuddle up in front of on a chilly evening whilst the garden with fells beyond is a haven for relaxation on a summers night after a days exploring. The cottage has oil central heating and comprises:
- Open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area with solid oak floor, television and wood burning stove.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher and microwave.
- First floor:Double bedroom with king size bed (please advise at the time of booking if twin beds required as bed is zip linked) view over the rear garden and velux window gives views to the nearby fells.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and toilet.
- All oil, electric, logs, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot and Wi-Fi available.
- Private parking.
- Small garden to the front of the property with view to Gala Water and rear garden with decking, garden furniture, barbeque and access to the hills beyond.
Fishing near by Cycling near by Walking near by Horse Riding near by Television Dishwasher Washing machine Parking
More about Galabank Cottage